BlackBerry is a Canadian mobile company which sells a range of handset mobile devices. The BlackBerry 10 operating system launch took place on 30th January 2013, where the company also changed its name from RIM Limited (Research in Motion Limited) to BlackBerry Limited. Previous to this the Blackberry devices were running on the BlackBerry OS 7 operating system. The consumers were expecting an upgrade in the OS for a while now and were given it in the form of Blackberry 10 operating system. This BB 10 launch gives hope to BlackBerry to recapture its lost market share in the industry.
BlackBerry launched its highly awaited Blackberry 10 line of smartphones which has the next generation Blackberry 10 Mobile Operating System. The launch of the BB10 has been received with great enthusiasm from BlackBerry customers because they were really looking forward for Blackberry to upgrade their product line to compete in the market where technology is every changing and upgrading and it was perceived that Blackberry with its old operating system was lagging behind.
BlackBerry has slowly been losing its market share for the past couple of years now. By introducing the BlackBerry 10 operating system they are looking at an operating system which is similar to Android and IOS operating systems and is designed for touchscreen devices like hand held touchscreen smartphones and tablets. The smartphones with BB10 are scheduled to release in the markets in the first quarter of 2013. The user interface of the BB10 has been designed on the idea of “flow”.
Blackberry 10 is promising “differentiating” features with its new BB10 as compared to other mobile operating system giants in the industry. There are two smartphones that were announced to be launched with the BB10 operating system.
The two launches of BB10 operating System expected are: Z10 & Q10.
While the Z10 is expected to be the first smartphone to be launched with BB10 operating system, it will have a touchscreen interface. The second smartphone is the Q10 was also announced with the BB10 operating system which is expected to be launched around April 2013. This will have the traditional QWERTY Keypad version of Smartphones.
The following are the features one can expect in the BlackBerry Z10 and Q10
- Blackberry Z10 is the first touchscreen smartphone announced to be launched in Q1 of 2013 with the new BlackBerry 10 Operating System.
- It will be a fully touchscreen smartphone.
- At the launch BlackBerry Z10 had an impressive 70,000 applications on it with major big apps like Skype, WhatsApp, Kindle all ready to develop for BlackBerry 10
- The Z10 will have a 4.2 inches screen with a resolution of 1280x768 with a 356 ppi.
- There will be two cameras. The rear end camera will be 8 megapixels and the front facing camera is to be 2 megapixels. The video recording will be at 1080p.
- BlackBerry 10 has a new feature called Blackberry Hub. This will feature in the new Blackberry Z10 which has BB10 operating system.
- This smartphone will come with 2GB RAM. It will also have a removable micro SD card up to 32GB.
- New intelligent keyboard.
- The most fascinating new feature is its Camera app that will adjust a portrait through a time scale for better picture quality.
- Q10 has similar specifications as compared to Z10 except the resolution is 720x720
- It has the traditional QWERTY physical keyboard.
There is a lot of enthusiasm for BlackBerry with the new launch of Blackberry 10 in the market.