The Xperia Z from Sony is gaining more popularity because of its Android based mobile operating system but how does it compare with Blackberry Z10. Both these smart phones have a stylish and sleek look with a beautiful and slim body. Both are provided with a touch sensitive screen but the quality and the sensitiveness of the touch makes a difference.
Comparison between the latest Sony Xperia Z and Blackberry Z10
There are many points based on the features and configuration of both the devices that can be compared to make a better selection. Various points of comparison between the two are discussed as under.
- The screen offered by Sony Xperia Z is covered with a scratch resistant & shatterproof glass and comes with a tempered glass covered back.
- But the BB Z10 has metallic panels at the bottom and top of its front end display and the rear cover is made of plastic just like that of an iPhone with round edges. This makes it a very simple looking yet stylish smart phone.
- The power button on Z10 is provided on the front side, which is provided on the right side in the Xperia Z model.
- The size of Xperia Z is slightly bigger than the Z10. Where the Z10 from Blackberry measures 66*130 mm in length & breadth with a thickness of 9.2mm, the size of Xperia Z from Sony is 71*139 mm with a thickness of 7.9mm.
- The best thing about Xperia Z is that it is completely water proof and dust proof, which makes it an ideal choice for those also, who are always into travelling mode or work under difficult conditions. This feature is in compliance with the IP57 certification and the handset can be immersed in a water level of 1 meter, up to 30 minutes of time without any damage.
- When it comes to a premium feel, then Xperia Z scores more points as compared to the Blackberry Z10.
- Moreover, the Blackberry Z10 cannot compete with the ultra clear Full HD 1920*1080 display offered by the Sony Xperia Z. The pixel density of the display in Sony’s Xperia Z is 441ppi, while a 355ppi display is provided by Blackberry.
- The Sony Xperia Z offers a 5 inch screen whereas the Z10 comes with a 4.2 inch screen.
- The Sony Xperia Z is based on 1.5 GHz Quad-core kit and the BB Z10 is based on 1.5GHz dual-core kit.
- The Sony Xperia comes with an Android based mobile operating system that is called as version 4.1.2 jelly bean with a planned upgrade to 4.2.2 jelly bean.
- The Blackberry Z 10 comes with BlackBerry 10 Operating system.
- Both of these smart phones have 2G RAM.
- The only plus point that BlackBerry Z10 consists is that it offers an option to extend its memory to 64 GB whereas with Sony Xperia Z offers expansion up to 32 GB only.
With all such amazing features, Sony Xperia Z scores much higher than Blackberry Z10. Moreover, the BlackBerry Z10 comes with sensors such as Accelerometer, proximity sensor, ambient light sensor and magnetometer whereas the Xperia Z is having proximity meter, accelerometer, gyro sensors and compass features.
Both smart phones come with Near Field Communication, which is the latest technology for data transfer between two devices just like Bluetooth, but it consumes much less power and is much faster. You can search internet to buy the mobiles at a lower price.
Both smart phones offer Wi-Fi 802.11 a/b/g/n and offer 1080p HD video recording. There is no sound enhancement available with Z10 but Xperia Z comes with 3D surround sound facility. Hence, we can say that Sony Xperia Z is a better option than Blackberry Z10.