There are various cell phones that are available and you should buy a phone that is ideally suitable for yourself. This means that the cell phone must have all the features that are needed and it must be in the price range that fits your budget. Smartphones have operating systems which offer computing capabilities. Feature phones offer various features which have propriety software provided by the manufacturer and basic phones are just for basic functions like calling and texting.
First step is to fix the price range for the cell phone according to your budget. While fixing your budget keep in mind that most of you will have the cell phone with you for a while, so fix the budget accordingly for long term use.
Design and Category
While buying a cell phone, decide on what type of phone you want. Some of the choices you need to make:
- CDMA type phone or GSM type phone
- Smartphone , Feature phone or a Basic phone
- Basic Keypad , QWERTY Keypad or Touchscreen Phone
- Specific preference to a mobile phone company and also the connectivity of a mobile service provider in your region.
The choice also depends on the price range. There are generally three price ranges in the cell phone industry. The low end phones are generally basic phones and feature phones, the middle price range offers feature phones with lower end of smart phones and high end phones include smart phones with a lot a features in it.
Features that you want
This is the most important aspect of buying a cell phone. One generally buys cell phones depending on the features that they are looking for. Here are some features that you need to consider while buying a cell phone.
- The size of the screen should be decided. If you plan on watching videos and surfing the internet you might want to look at bigger screen models.
- The speed and performance of the processor is an important aspect while buying a phone. Also there are frequent upgrades in processors that you need to look into.
- Features like Bluetooth, Wi-Fi and GPS versions that the cell supports are important.
- Camera: The number of megapixels, LED Flash and various features like panorama, low light conditions performance etc. need to be looked into while buying a cell phone with a camera.
- Operating system: Smartphones have different operating systems depending on the phone. iOS by Apple, Android, Blackberry OS and Windows phone are popular operating systems. You need to buy phones according to the OS you prefer.
- If you want to view high quality videos you need to get a phone with high resolution and pixel density. Also have a look at the screen technology of the phone.
- A good battery life is essential to check while buying a cell phone.
- Speakers and volume of the phone also need to be checked while buying a phone.
These are some of the aspects that you need to look into while buying a phone.