Let us examine the key reasons behind the popularity notched up by the gadget.
- From the house of Samsung: Samsung is a dominant player in the technology market and it has undoubtedly proved itself once again with the Samsung Galaxy Note II. It has managed to deliver the quality and innovation consumers have come to expect from the company.
- Smart, light & comfortable: The beautifully designed device measures 151 x 80.5 x 9.4mm. Though it takes some time getting used to holding it, the plastic body makes it quite light-weight, comfortable and easy to carry around.
- Good screen size and display: The stunningly clear 5.5 inch AMOLED screen offers a good big screen experience. The 1280 x 720 pixel resolution makes for sharp and bright reading and viewing.
- S-Pen stylus: The attractive S-Pen Stylus is another endearing element of the Samsung Galaxy Note II. It has been improved with the addition of many new functionalities, features and apps such as art package, auto-correct and Paper Artist. They make the use of stylus easier and more fun.
- Fast and powerful: The quad core 1.6GHz processor, with 2GB RAM ensures a fast and powerful performance which does not falter even with the demanding apps. The internal storage space of 64 GB (expandable to 128GB) is also great.
- Smooth and responsive: The Android Jelly Bean OS used in the Galaxy Note II offers a smooth and responsive experience.
- Connectivity and GPS: With 4G LTE, Samsung Galaxy Note II offers high-speed web connectivity. And the addition of Wi-Fi and Bluetooth facilitate better communication. The built-in GPS is also a great feature.
- Decent camera quality: 8MP primary camera with auto focus and LED flash support delivers reasonably good results.
- Multi-window support: The desktop-like feature of multi-window support on Galaxy Note II is quite useful.
- Universal appeal: The device has proved to be of use to individual consumers as well as the users from the corporate world.
Whether it is a big phone or a small tablet is no longer a question worth pondering over. The fact is that Samsung Galaxy Note II is a big hit. It is only a little over two months since its launch, and the device has already found more than five million owners.