There are hundreds of thousands of apps available on the App store by Apple for its iPhone. Some of these apps are more popular than others. Different types of apps gain popularity with the users based on their use. Here are the ten apps that are likely to be very popular in 2013.
- 2BME Firefighter: It’s an animated app that lets your kids pretend they are firefighters in a fire station. It teaches them all about the work of a fireman. They can explore and learn about how a fire station works, the fire alarm and how the equipments are used. The game has 4 ranks and is very educational.
- Google Maps: Google maps is a web mapping service app. This app provides street maps, route planners for people who want directions to go from one place to another on foot or by vehicles. A very useful app, it offers an urban business locator for various countries. It also provides for satellite images but not in real time.
- Angry Birds Star Wars: This new version of the popular Angry Birds is a crossover between angry birds and the Star Wars franchise. This is Angry Birds fifth game and it includes characters from the Star Wars franchise by George Lucas.
- Whatsapp Messenger: Whatsapp is an instant messaging service app. Its main application is texting messages although users can also use this app for sending audio, video and images to each other. It’s a cheaper way of texting as it has a nominal charge which is yearly.
- Instagram: Instagram which is now owned by Facebook is a way of sharing photos. It’s a photo sharing and social networking service that shares photos in a standard square shape. It lets you apply a digital filter to your picture before sharing it.
- Flixster: Flixster is an app that allows the user to watch movie trailers, share movie ratings with their friends and also get show times on their phones. This is a great app for movie lovers as it keeps them informed about movies.
- Kindle: Kindle is originally a series of devices that are eBook readers. The kindle app is a reading app on your iphone which helps you read millions of books on your phone which include thousands of free kindle books.
- Dropbox: Dropbox is a free app that helps you bring photos, docs and videos anywhere. It is a cloud storage device that simultaneously stores work on different devices like your phone, computer etc. along with storing it on dropbox.com. This lets you avoid the step of emailing your work to yourself to gain access from a different device. It makes your work safer as it does not depend on one device to store your work.
- Cloth: Cloth is great new app that essentially gives you the virtual wardrobe experience. It helps you categorize your outfit according to labels, designers, color, season and you can match the outfit with the weather outside. You can save the photos in your devices album.
- Epicurious: It is an app that gives you more than 30,000 food recipes that have been created and tested by professionals. This app helps find recipes with pictures, create shopping lists, mark favorites and also search by ingredients and gives user reviews for recipes.
As we saw above there are different types of apps that are gaining popularity with the users. While some apps like Cloth app are new, others like Google Maps are maintaining their popularity. These above apps are forecast to be popular in 2013.
If you enjoyed this article, Get email updates (It’s Free)